Hello, here is the proposal so that We can become an official node in Brazil
- Boram lives in São Paulo, Brazil. He is a coffee producer, roaster, barista and Q-Grader.
- Currently he produces coffee with his father in two properties in two of the best coffee regions in Brazil. South of Minas Gerais and Espirito Santo Caparaó.
- Being the current Barista champion of Brazil, Boram has a deep connection with most of the coffee regions of Brazil, with access and relationships with many small producers.
- Being also a producer, he has local knowledge of the many financial difficulties small producers face competing with large producers and local cooperatives.
- Boram is specialized in producing and developing new varietals in Brazil, with 38 different varieties being produced in Fazenda Um. Also developing high quality post-harvest projects for producers to increase quality and learn about fermentation processes.
Fazenda Um Community
Fazenda Um, previosly called Fazenda Cachoeirinha, was abandoned by its previous owners for over 50 years. In 2011, Stefano Um acquired the property to dedicate it to specialty coffee production. Today, after 10 years of renewing and investing into sustainable production of high quality coffees, Fazenda Um is the biggest reference in the region for direct trade and quality. Today we export coffees directly to Asia, Europe and USA.
Fazenda Um MG is located in one of the most privileged regions of Brazil for specialty coffee. We are located in Serra da Mantiqueira, South of Minas Gerais, with average altitude of 1150-1300m. Our municipality is São Gonçalo do Sapucaí, a mountaneous region of south of Minas, with small to mid size ranging producers. Our terroir here is distinct, bringing coffees with sweet chocolate notes, along with beautiful fruity naturals, and delicate floral notes.
Currently in this community, we have partnered with 15 small size producers, who are every year investing in quality, looking for direct trading, and investing in sustainbility.
Fazenda Um ES
Fazenda Um ES is located in the region of Caparaó – in Espírito Santo. One of the top 4 highest altitude regions of Brazil. This local terroir is harsh with steep mountains. Many similarities to Central America. Average altitute of 1400-1800m.
Due to the regional difficulties, this region has been producing the best coffee lots of Brazil, but hard to access due to landscape and lack of local investment.
Local producers are very small, holding up to 1—5ha of production. Many of these producers are families that work and invest their entire lives into coffee production.
Fazenda UM ES has been working locally, along with our own production, with 12 small producers, helping with direct trading access routes, coffee post harvest consulting, and incentivizing sustainable practices.
Pool Size: U$50.000,00
Goal: Distribute U$1000-U$5000 micro-credit to small holder producers in Minas Gerais and Espirito Santo Communities
Objective for Communities:
- Provide Financial empowerment to local producers with competitive rates
- Invest in Specialty Quality post Harvest
- Invest in ecological and sustainable practices for specialty coffee, giving benefits to producers who reduce usage of defensive products, and shift to organic compost
- Provide direct trading routes for small holder producers, paying fair price for high quality coffees
Thank You All,
My Best Regards,
Boram and Danilo